The vision systems industry has been developing dynamically for many years. The basis for this development are the requirements set by the industry: stricter quality standards, process automation, minimization of errors, saving the control results in databases. Therefore, at the base of each production line, you can find a vision system that provides control over product quality.
The capabilities and effectiveness of vision systems have grown significantly over the years. In the past, systems were “fairly” unreliable and image processing algorithms only allowed basic operations, so the entire video verification process was relatively slow and ineffective. This state of affairs was due to the low computing power of these devices.
Now, when the computing power of embedded devices has increased significantly and systems designed for parallel image analysis have been developed, the possibilities of implementing algorithms are incomparably greater than ever before. Therefore, the possibilities offered by vision systems include not only simple shape analyzes, but also advanced image recognition algorithms, which are used in controlling the robot’s work during palletizing and segregating elements.
- Quality control – inspection for assembly errors, surface damage, damaged parts and missing parts. Determining the direction of the location, shape and position of objects and elements.
- Control / Alignment – control of automated equipment and robots. Part alignment to ensure high accuracy assembly operations and other manufacturing processes.
- Measurements – perform part measurements to check key dimensions. Taking component measurements as part of sorting and classification processes.
- OCR / OCV – reading and verification of alphanumeric characters located directly on parts and printed on labels.
- Presence / Absence – detection of the presence and absence of simple elements and objects, in order to provide information on the classification of products as correct / incorrect.
- Code reading – reading 1-D barcodes and Data Matrix 2-D as part of overall inspection.
Automatech engineers have extensive experience in the implementation of vision quality control stations. We work with Cognex – a world leader in the market of vision systems and 1D and 2D barcode readers. Their products are highly trusted, as evidenced by over 850,000 systems in operation in plants around the world.
DEEP LEARNING SOLUTIONS (deep machine learning)
Vision systems and software specifically designed for production.
Deep Learning is one of Cognex’s latest solutions for factory automation. It is a combination of artificial intelligence (AI) with In-Sight or VisionPro software.
Deep learning is dedicated to situations that traditional vision systems cannot cope with.
Deep Learning analyzes the complex location of parts or detects faults, and then classifies and checks the characters, ensuring consistency and speed of the application. The innovative VisionPro Deep Learning tools are designed to work in a production environment. Navigating the simple application management environment is facilitated by the user-friendly graphical interface.
Deep Learning Cognex tools available:
- Blue Locate
- Red Analyze
- Green Classify
- Blue Read
We presented the differences between Deep Learning and traditional vision solutions in this comparison.
The technology of machine vision systems allows you to carry out activities that require such reliability and systematicity that humans cannot achieve. It helps to increase the quality and efficiency of production by eliminating defective elements, controlling assembly as well as tracking and capturing information at every stage of the process. Thanks to this, the number of errors can be minimized, which directly contributes to lowering production costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
Our solutions operate in many plants in Poland. We do the implementation in close cooperation with the client after testing in our laboratory and full verification of the proposed solution. We provide technical consulting, design, implementation and post-application support, including the service of remote monitoring of the machine / device operation.
We invite you to the cooperation. We will be happy to prepare an offer for you:
phone: +48 (22) 753 24 80, +48 (22) 753 24 61